What is Spawn without its nemesis? Evan Viloria created this using Muggs as his base armature. Interested in commissioning his works? Contact is in Viloria Creations.


Wishing all those who celebrate the Lunar New Year a Happy Bunny Year ahead and may your Reunion Dinner tonight be joyous and overflowed with maotai and happiness.


Gunslinger! There are many interesting Muggs done by Evan Viloria contained in EpicCustoms. Wish there are more Spawns though!


More tomorrow...


As to my colleague who drew the unkind cut that my Manga Spawn is Transformer, Hunter R remember this repainted custom of Manga Spawn in solrac 333 (you have to scroll around too look for it, the rest are pretty irrelevant). Aside from repainting, the owner did a head surgery and pop goes Spawn's head.


A Comparative Analysis of Spawns from the Movie: Figure vs Costume. Yap, Hunter R is digging through old figures once again!


Unbelievable, it is simply mind boggling, #201 appeared and #200 is still flesh in my memory bank! And what is more, Spawn: Architects of Fear is in store next friday, yahoo! Looks like the Comics front is turning the tide against procrastination. Now, when is the Figures turn to launch an offensive! I mean, look at the picture below, I am reprinting stuff from the early 1990s.


Attempt #3: Yeah, completed my AoF. Hunter R was asking if it is really that boring! No, it's not, it's just my choice of reading hour. This time, I read it on a Saturday evening, awake sans coffee and I was able to finish it with aplomb. Conclusion: I wished that the team produced AoF comes out with a spinoff - a Spawn Corp, if you want. There I go again, yes, it is the Green Lantern Corp that I am thinking of. Curse of the Spawn comes closest to it but it should be Spawncentric: Mandarin Spawn, Gunslinger Spawn, War Spawn...etc, not going off-tangent with peripheral characters. #2: That remark below was made on Thursday Nite. Last nite (friday), I made another attempt to read AoF and unbelievable but I was having tea with the Sandman before a page is up. Either AoF is fast becoming my sleeping pill or I shouldn't read it at 2.30 in the morning! Am going to make a 3rd attempt tonight! #1: I fall asleep reading this copy last night as I was dog tired, excuses I know but if you like review, read this: imageaddiction

 
Spawn #203 This is happening too quickly! Last night, he-who-fixes-my-addiction called and enquired if I intend to collect my latest Spawn since it is already 9pm and he is closing soon. I was still in my office then, unable to fathom the fact that #203 and AoF are already out. Rushed down and was greeted heartily by the owner and boy oh boy, he was wearing a Green Lantern tee and it looks great on him. I wanted to make some snarky remarks but I remember Green Lantern shifu telling Hal never to challenge someone who is more powerful so I smartly restrain myself. And Green Lantern Green Lantern, how can I not love Green Lantern when there are so many of them and they use the ring instead of slam bang fisticuffs which is so unsuperheroic. Anyway, is #203 the first Spawn comic issue where the costume (symbiote) did not make an appearance? I was dumbfounded, I mean my loyalty never waver but no guest appearance by the costume! And the writings and drawings, I am still adjusting to it, albeit with reluctance. I know Todd mentioned that Holguin's Fantastic is a bit hard to take it but I, for one, love the Fantastic but hey, this is Todd's property and if he wants realism, that is the direction of Spawn. I, for one, welcome our new overlords (sound of spine disintegrating).


This is absolutely fabulous. An "ancient" limited edition Spawn from the ReAction Figure Company. Hand-made and painted, it said "combat version" in the note of authenticity, so there probably is a plan for a...non-combat version? The owner of this unusual item is Kate from the UK.


Coming Up Next My buddy, Keith, got a Bowen's Iron Fist bust from Evil Bay. The bust arrived but not in a good shape. Keith thinks the damaged bust still good for my custom work. The bust became a gift to me. An idea just comes up: Cut Throat the Pirate Spawn Bust


Launch of Spawndom Newsletter #1...or to be precise...the launch that Hunter R and I discussed for our retirement project, just never expect Hunter R to be that quick with a magazine cover! Retirement, mind you, is not that far away considering we are both old men sharing a kidults' hobby. The inspiration for his cover is from Kirkman's latest venture. Picture source : Pilot Season: Stealth #1

Marketplace
Ken from Thailand put up a Sell List, it's just above you.

Spawns appearing in Comics
Two new additions:
1. Spawn in New Shadowhawk #3, see 1995 Comics List
2. Spawn in Haunt 8, see 2010 Comics List


Who's Your Daddy?


The source for the poster: posterplanet


What if ... Jim in Spawn 2 Movie


Happy Valentine's day to all citizens of Spawndom


Well, it is a bit yakkity yak otherwise it is nice to know that Jim Downing would be a much more complex character as compared to the one-dimensional Al Simmons. Spawn is joining the trend, albeit quite an "old trend" where a superhero has a more interesting persona (see Invincible). It is rather unbelievable that a superhero like Spider-Man, Batman and Spawn pine after Uncle, Parents and Wanda respectively for issue after issue. I mean, Spawn whine after Wanda is fine but one can only take so much of the whining. And he abused Wanda and slept with Angela! So, having Jim Downing developing a complex character is a refreshing change. My pet peeve is the continuous revelations format which is getting to be pretty predictable. I would rather have story arc, 4 issues to 5 issues but retaining the core idea then cliffhanger emanating from a briefcase. And I love the image of Clown holding onto #202 created by Hunter R. Spawn #202 to be available tomorrow (10 February 2011) in my local retailer. To mollify this unquenchable thirst for more spawns, here are some images that Hunter R dug out during his daily foray into the world wide web.


Spawn having a bad day by Rashad Doucet's kross29 blog


A Fanboy comes full circle in Nathanael Lark's Blog.


Spawn appeared in Shadowhawk V3 #2 (Jun 2010) and Shadowhawk V3 #5 (Dec 2010).


Spawn appeared in the ongoing "monthly" mini-series Guarding the Globes in a one-page special filler - Guardian Gags written and illustrated by Chris Giarrusso. Thus far, 3 of the 6 issues have appeared, in chronological order - Aug 2010, Oct 2010 and Jan 2011: Spawns Appearing in Comics - Year 2010 and Spawns Appearing in Comics - Year 2011

Leave a Note

Name:*
Email:*
Subject:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.