From Batboy 13: "in a MTV video spot with Jay and Silent Bob, at 1:09, on top of the screen, you'll find a box with the "Spawn" logo on top of some boxes". Video Link. This is one of the seven MTV shorts by View Askews Production in Feb 1998.


Pure bliss...#200 is going to be a 56-page special issue and if...and that is a big if...no mishap occured, it should be in the hands of spawn fans early January 2011. Henceforth, Spawn is moving towards the "moody and cool", ok, I am sold but then I am not exactly a difficult customer to sell when it comes to Spawn!

Check out the article in Comic Book Resources.

And if fellow collectors who never tired of getting their hearts stab, well, check the interview in MTV Geek for more "et tu, brute" moment.

"MTV Geek: How is the toy line doing?

McFarlane: The Halo figures did really well. It took a while to get the toy buyers to accept that video games were a real toy genre -- they were trained for so long that they have to be based on a movie, a summer blockbuster. But when they read a headline about how much money Call of Duty 2 made, they change their mind. And all the sports figures have been doing really well for us, especially football."


The Mokosos Scribbing Wall

Christmas is around the corner and yet works are piling up and piling up, have to carry my annual leave to the next year. There has been some very interesting emails and images but I have no time to sort them out, would make an attempt this weekend.


Custom 3 3/4" Spawn made from GI Joe and Marvel parts. Youtube version.

It has been said that the best hour during a weekend is 8pm on a Saturday, that it is at this time that one is happiest. Well, it is 8pm now, unfortunately it is Sunday 8pm and I am fill with apprehension thinking of the HUGE amount of work that is waiting for me tomorrow. This feeling of forboding however does not stop me from giving myself a must-do list for this spawn collection blog, haha.

First off the chart:
Photobucket
Downloading all the images of Spawn Iron Mask. Boy oh boy, this is really a wonderful custom and the more I look at it, the more I marvelled at Hunter R's work. Just take your time and enjoy the images. Downloading is going to be time-consuming but it is really worth the effort.

There are two pages worth of images here:
The Making of Spawn Iron Mask and
The Complete Iron Mask

Next on the List. 'hermano', your kind words are really appreciated but you did not leave behind an email for me to reply. The master at work here is not me, I am merely the scribe and a collector, instead the "true artist" that you showered your compliments is Hunter R. I would MSN Hunter R and see if he can be so kind as to come out with a "how to sculpt a custom" thread one day.

No. 3 is my thanks to 'LawC' for his continual wealth of information. I have seen the customs of 'Maddog' in fwoosh and they were fabulous but hey, no harm reproducing them again. Not that we have much choice considering the state of Spawn nowaday...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, 'greathornholio' who is in my circle of best spawn collectors. Collector like him fills me with hope in this shrinking community, albeit a rather die-hard community, yeah. He is looking for someone who can sculpt the reincarnation of Spawn. Anyone interested in taking his commission? Hope it works out and...and...

Photobucket
...I know you are a great fan of speedlee's articulated spawn customs, well, you would love this Black Knight Spawn that he is putting up in ebay. I know what speedlee thinks is a fair price for his beautiful custom and frankly, I agree with his appraisal. Unfortunately, struggling 9 to 6 worker that I am, I am resigned to only appreciating the images.

Photobucket
It is not a question whether my wifey would jump if I bought this canvas art, it is how high she would jump! Darn, I wanted this canvas art (currently selling in eBay) on my wall, oh the halcyon days of untethered bachelorhood.

Photobucket
Spawn Iron Mask - the ultimate in figure customisation, surely the pinnacle in Hunter R's work. I feel sorry for him, I mean how is he going to surpass this custom? :( Images of the completed work to be available soon.

Photobucket
Woo-hoo, Batboy 13 dug out this image from Korn's "Freak on a Leash" music video. I told Hunter R about this wonderful news and he did a quick search and found the issue the boy is holding. Remember to scroll down to 1999.

Photobucket
Speedlee, a wonderful customiser turns the statuesque Commando Spawn into an articulated figure - check out his ebay site. 6 more days to go and there are already 3 bidders and 10 bids, most tempted to throw my hat in the ring. (Update: 26 bids and US$63 later, this super articulated commando spawn remains available as it failed to meet speedlee's reserve price).

Photobucket
More extreme makeover updates, there is a very beautiful pouch, see
The Making of Spawn Iron Mask
and Iron Mask got a pet...awww, his own personal 'hedwig'. Anyone has any idea where this accessory pet comes from? It is definitely not from Hellboy cos' Hunter R is a big fan of that series!

Photobucket
Spawn Iron Mask receives his spikes, more images in The Making of Spawn Iron Mask.

Photobucket
Check this custom out at eBay - the spawn custom of a disney vinylmation figure. Mickey Mouse has never looks so good.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
It may be old news but nowaday with Spawn, old news is better than no news. Anyway, it was kind of 'LawC' to rehash the old days with me. Here, he mentioned something that I am not aware of, that the weapon of Curse of the Spawn 2 from the Reborn Series is that of Hatchet from Series 13. Why not recycled the weapon of Curse of the Spawn 1? The image of Hatchet is from http://spawnlegend.com/

Photobucket
and LawC said Lord Bartholomew is his favourite spawn figure. Interesting choice, you really prefer the older figures, don't you and hey, you are right, old Bart is a four-finger joe!



Photobucket
I have run out of superlatives describing 'Hunter R' custom, it is such a joy watching the progress of his work. With the transformation, you wouldn't even believe that you are looking at a custom.

To all my Hindu friends, especially Subash, Happy Deepavali.

Photobucket
Another item that receives bidding, obviously it is the less commonly available item that attracts interest but at least it proves that Spawn is not dead!

Photobucket
I thought Spawn was "dead" but it is so heartening to see that not-so-common items are still going strong in eBay. Take this bust for example, it attracts buyers when the other items from the seller are not moving. I wanted to bid for it but I didn't, have a habit of procrastinating...

Photobucket
Spawn: A Lego Creation

I have received quite a few mails with incorrect email addresses rendering replies impossible, anyway, if you are still reading, here are my replies: (1) thanks for the suggestion on categorising it into medieval, cowboy...etc, would think about it and frankly, I really am terribly short of time, (2) unless I got extra, the figures are not for sale and (3) not really into peripheral figures and those supporting characters, so no intention to list them. THANK YOU THANK YOU, keep your mails coming.

Photobucket
Grendel Prime and Grendel Prime Spawn - Grendel Prime is from the official unofficial travis charest gallery and Grendel Prime Spawn is from JMB Productions.

Photobucket
Updates

Photobucket
Continual updates in The Making of Spawn Iron Mask.

Photobucket
Typhoon season is here so Hunter R is stuck indoor and inadvertently his restless mind turns to Spawn...What McFarlane takes away, Hunter R puts it back!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Home

Leave a Note

Name:*
Email:*
Subject:*
Message:*
Verification No.:*
contact form faq

Powered by 123ContactForm.